Publicly Funded - Public Freestyle Publicly Funded - Public Freestyle

gotta love that shove'

Super OpenWorld Retro RPG Super OpenWorld Retro RPG

I beat it

Alex Alex

Hey so the game's pretty solid and the message is cool.

The one thing that bothered me though, and the only reason I'm writing this review, is that the whole story is directly told to the player, when I could have just as easily "felt" it through the increasing restrictions on the controls. I feel like the gameplay was too restricted to the story (understandably so, as it was designed to create a sense of empathy for ALS patients), but there are probably more game-design-specific ways you could have done the same thing.

If I had designed this game, I would have probably made the gameplay a little less linear. Instead of having one track the player follows, which magically adapts to the player's inabilities, I would have made one short level that the player has to traverse over and over, maybe getting another carton of milk every week. Each time, it would be a little bit harder to jump around, forcing the player to find new ways to cross the terrain each time. By the end, crossing the one level would be really difficult and time-consuming. I don't know much about ALS, but I feel like that would be a better comparison.

In the end, empathy is an emotion games can create better than any other medium, and I guess that's why I felt it so unnecessary to see text on the screen telling me what was going on. It really shouldn't bother me, and I guess it doesn't really detract from the gameplay, but it does kinda seem like you're using the text as a crutch to tell the story, when the game is perfectly capable of doing that on its own.

CLAB - suddle vs Willizard CLAB - suddle vs Willizard

Suddle's first verse was a bit generic, but by the look of things he didn't have much info on Willizard to work with. What's unfortunate, though, is that he spent the first thirty seconds before his verse dissing his opponent's mic quality. When you have that little material to work with, you think you'd save a few disses for the bars that count. Instead, he made gay jokes.
Williz hit pretty much all of those points in his verse, so good on him. Couldn't have said it better myself. But despite this, the second Suddle's next verse starts he goes right back to making the homo quips Williz just called him out on. Now I like a good fag gag just as much as the next guy, but come on.

Willizard to advance

it's a unix system! it's a unix system!

Haha! I just now found out you uploaded this. How many people did I get to harass you about uploading the music file?

tilman responds:

not enough :D

CLAB- Scuare vs Emergency CLAB- Scuare vs Emergency

Damn, this was a tough decision. I had to listen three times to come up with a vote

I wasn't really impressed with Emergency's last few battles, but I think he really stepped up his game this time around. Both had solid blows and excellent punchlines, and in terms of flow, I'd call it a tie.

My vote, however, goes to Scuare. In almost every aspect of this battle, the two were equally matched. The only category with one clear winner was the rebuttal, which Scuare had, hands down. Scuare only had one chance to rebut, and yet he was able to flip several lines flawlessly. Emergency's flips weren't as smooth, and at one point he re-flipped a line, which in my book isn't a great strategy unless you have something REALLY solid.

Great job to the both of you!

Musckles Musckles

i dont get it

BillPremo responds:

I will fucking kill you.

Mad Ripped pt 3 Mad Ripped pt 3

Greatest saga in webcomic HISTORY.

turtlebro turtlebro

oh boy

oh boy is that plenty of pentagons

turtleco responds:

lotta 'gons for all da good boys and girls